(1) ELIGIBILITY: Capital BlueCross’ VC REGISTRATION CONTEST for Capital BlueCross members (hereinafter “Capital”) is open to Capital members employed by Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., Lutron Electronics, and/or B. Braun Medical Inc., who have a Capital BlueCross medical and/or dental/vision product and have completed a full sign-up, including the Capital BlueCross member ID field, for a Virtual Care member account at virutalcarecbc.com, or through the Capital BlueCross Virtual Care app (available in both Google Play Store and Apple App Store) by August 20, 2018. Winners must be 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited by law.
Excluded from this contest are member who do not have a medical, vision, or dental policy from Capital BlueCross, are members of the Federal Employee Program, participant of a government program such as, Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP, and under the age of 18 at the time of entry.
(2) SPONSOR: Capital BlueCross, 2500 Elmerton Avenue, Harrisburg PA 17177. Capital BlueCross is an independent licensee of the BlueCross BlueShield Association.
(3) ENTRIES: No purchase necessary to enter or win. To enter, participants must be a Capital BlueCross member and registered for an online secure member account by August 20, 2018. Limit (1) one entry per person. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. No mechanically reproduced entries permitted.
Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete entries; transmission defaults, human or computer server failure, or technical malfunctions and/or delayed, garbled, or corrupted data entries. Sponsor is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any materials. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
By creating an online member account, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final, binding, and conclusive in all respects.
(4) WINNER SELECTION: The submission period is open July 10–August 20, 2018. Winner(s) Selection: The winning entries will be determined at random. The selected winner(s) will be notified via email or telephone by Capital BlueCross. The potential winner(s) is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules before receiving any prize (as further described in Section 5 below). Sponsor reserves the right in its sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that it believes contains obscene, offensive or inappropriate content, that does not comply with these official rules or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the contest.
(5) PRIZES: Prizes and Approximate Retail Values: Four (4) Amazon gift cards ($250.00 each) will be awarded to four (4) employees of each employer group included in the contest. Potential winner will be
notified by a Capital BlueCross employee by September 15, 2018. Prize(s)
must be claimed by winner within one week of notification of winning or
prize(s) will be forfeited.
No assignment, transfer, or substitution of prize is permitted, except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the promoted prize is unavailable or for any other reason in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
All other expenses not specified herein are the responsibility of the winners. All federal, state/provincial, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winner.
(6) GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Capital BlueCross VC REGISTRATION CONTEST is governed by, and these rules will be construed and interpreted pursuant to, the laws of the United States and Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The winner must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release, which for U.S. residents must include the winner’s social security number for tax reporting purposes, within two weeks of notification. A selected winner may be disqualified and, in such case, an alternate winner will be selected from among the remaining eligible entries if a selected winner (i) cannot be contacted or the prize is returned as non-deliverable; or (ii) fails to return required documents by the stated deadline.
Where permitted by law, by accepting the prize, the winner agrees to grant to Sponsor, and its licensees, affiliates, and assigns, the right to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now hereafter developed, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, at any time or times, the winner’s name, portrait, picture, image, voice, likeness, and biographical information as news or information and for advertising and promotional purposes without additional notice or consideration.
By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and its respective brokers, and respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person, including death, and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, use, possession, or misuse of any prize.
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Capital BlueCross VC REGISTRATION CONTEST; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods.
(7) RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By entering the Capital BlueCross VC REGISTRATION CONTEST, each entrant agrees, to release and hold harmless Sponsor, the respective brokers, prize sponsors, and respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents from any and all liability for any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind to person and property, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in any Sweepstakes- related activity, or participation in this Capital BlueCross VC REGISTRATION CONTEST.
(8) LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by web site users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Capital BlueCross VC REGISTRATION CONTEST or by any technical or human error that may occur in the processing of submissions in the Capital BlueCross VC REGISTRATION CONTEST. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of, Sponsor’s web site, or any technical failure or malfunction. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Capital BlueCross VC REGISTRATION CONTEST or downloading or copying materials from or on the Sponsor’s Web site. If, for any reason, the Capital BlueCross VC REGISTRATION CONTEST is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this giveaway, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Capital BlueCross VC REGISTRATION CONTEST and select the winner from entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor.
IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND RELATED COMPANIES, THEIR ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, PRIZE SPONSORS, OR LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF AN ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND USE OF SPONSOR’S INTERNET SITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON SUCH SITE AND ANY PRIZE WON IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OR COLLATERAL, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR OR GENERAL PURPOSE, AND NON- INFRINGEMENT.
Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages or exclusion of implied warranties and conditions, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.