We're working for you
Our mission is to educate organized labor about health care products and their value. We work with all levels of organized labor during phases of the collective bargaining process.
What we can do for you
Our Labor Sales consultants, licensed by the Pennsylvania Insurance Department, work exclusively with unions and education associations by:
- Staying current with events/trends by attending events
- Providing information about total benefit package and related issues
- Furnishing total benefit proposals and the details about new products and benefit options, including cost implications
- Speaking at labor conferences and training seminars
- Explaining current benefits and proposed benefits changes to the membership
- Reviewing and comparing your current programs with your collective bargaining agreement
- Serving as a liaison between Capital BlueCross and organized labor regarding labor's viewpoints and legislative positions
And most importantly, we guarantee confidentiality of discussions and communications with organized labor. These services are available to all employee bargaining units at no cost and without any obligation to purchase coverage through Capital BlueCross.
LM-10 Form Reporting Statement
Capital BlueCross recognizes it obligation as an employer to report to the U. S. Department of Labor (USDOL) expenditures and items of value which exceed $250 per individual and/or labor organization, as described in the Labor Management of Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1959, during a calendar year period. Our LM-10 Form is scheduled to be completed and sent to the USDOL no later than 60 following the end of the calendar year reporting period. To assist individuals and labor organizations to complete their USDOL reporting obligation, we will provide the same information to affected individuals and labor organizations. Also, individuals and labor organizations may contact the Labor Sales staff during the year to inquire about the expenditures and items of value provided to date.