We value our relationship with our providers.
Capital BlueCross is the leading health coverage provider in Central Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley. For almost 70 years, we have built our reputation among providers, customers and subscribers as a patient-oriented and provider-friendly insurer committed to bringing the best health services to market. Over the past several months, the physician community has spoken in support of our vision to continue this heritage as a full-service health plan by choosing to participate in our network through our wholly owned subsidiary Capital Advantage Insurance Company (CAIC). While this is an exciting new phase for Capital BlueCross in serving our communities, we remain committed to the same principles that have always formed the core of our programs:
- Prompt and accurate provider payment.
- Service focus exclusive to Central Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley.
- Integrity in all business relationships.
- Maintenance of a comprehensive network of health care professionals.
- Respect for the physician patient relationships.
- Efficient and streamlined administrative processes.
- Unparalleled customer and provider service.
- Commitment to appropriate & efficient use of electronic solutions to streamline payer-provider transactions.
Capital BlueCross is committed to working collaboratively with professionals in our provider network. We welcome your feedback and value your input. Clinically-oriented decision-making committees help to shape our quality improvement and utilization management programs as well as define medical policy, review and resolve member and provider appeals and promote the delivery of quality care to Capital BlueCross members. Physicians and other providers are also active in our credentialing, peer review, and formulary development processes.
If you have not yet joined our network, leave us a note and we'll contact you. If you would like to provide feedback to us on a particular issue, or have a question about Capital BlueCross, please call us at 1.866.688.2242. If you have already joined our network, we want to extend our appreciation. We look forward to working with you to set new standards of excellence in health care in Central Pennsylvania and the Lehigh Valley.