Kick nicotine. We can help you quit!
Quitting is hard, but Capital BlueCross can help you be tobacco free!
Capital BlueCross covers the following benefits at a $0 cost share to members during each benefit period*:
- Tobacco-cessation counseling sessions (visit limits may apply)
- 180-day treatment regimen of the following tobacco-cessation products (These medications, including over-the-counter ones, require a valid prescription for coverage):
*Members of grandfathered groups may have a cost share. Refer to your summary of benefits and coverage for full details about these benefits.
**Generic Only. Please refer to our Rx Preventive Coverage List for more details.
Capital BlueCross also provides access to a number of other tobacco-cessation resources to help you quit.
Tip Sheets & Brochures
- Smokeless Tobacco
- Secondhand Smoke
- Nicotine Abuse and Dependence
- Smoking How to Quit
- Smoking - A Threat to Health
In an effort to help you succeed with nicotine cessation, the PA Quitline provides free help through specially trained counselors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
PA Residents: 1.800.784.8669 (1.800.QUIT.NOW)
Non-PA Residents: 1.877.937.7848 (1.877.YES.QUIT)
The nicotine addiction battle is a 24 hour a day effort. That's why you will appreciate around-the-clock access to our 1.800.452.BLUE (2583) to speak directly to a registered nurse or access recorded health information on
more than 1,100 health topics including:
- Smoking: How to Quit
- Weight Control While Quitting Smoking
- Smokeless Tobacco
- Smoking and Cancer
- Smoking Risks Quiz
- Smoking and Your Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Tobacco Information and Prevention Source
- National Cancer Institute - Tobacco and Cancer
- Quitnet - Online Support Network
- American Lung Association - Stop Smoking
- American Cancer Society - Guide to Quitting Smoking
- Nicotine Anonymous
On behalf of Capital BlueCross, the American Cancer Society® assists in the administration of the nicotine cessation program. The American Cancer Society is an independent organization.
The information provided is meant for a general audience. It is not a substitute for services or advice received from your health care providers who are the only ones that can diagnose and treat your individual medical conditions. Capital BlueCross and its affiliated companies believe this health education resource provides useful information but do not assume any liability associated with its use. If you have any questions about the information, please contact your health care provider. Individual coverage for any services that may be discussed in this resource depends on your benefits plan. To determine coverage for any health care service, please refer to your Certificate of Coverage or Evidence of Coverage or call Customer Service at the toll-free number on your Member identification card.