Exercise is essential to maintaining a healthy weight and decreasing the risk of chronic disease. To reap the benefits of regular physical activity, the Centers for Disease Control recommend that American adults perform moderate physical activity for 30 minutes, five or more days a week. The latest research even states that the recommended 30 minutes on most days can be split into three mini 10-minute sessions. To start tracking your physical activity download your free and personal activity tracker.
Fitness Facilities Discounts
Capital BlueCross members can take advantage of many discounts to scores of fitness facilities across our coverage area and the nation! Please refer to our Blue365® page to check out the complete details. You can also download the below Tip Sheets in PDF format and visit the web sites listed.
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Ways to become more physically active and the benefits of physical activity for all ages.
- President's Council on Physical Fitness & Sports
- Enter the reading room for resources on starting a physical activity program.
- Webwalking USA Walking Program
- An online walking program where you can track your progress and learn about the American Discovery Trail.
Eating healthy is a challenge with busy lifestyles, an overabundance of snack foods, and lack of motivation. We have created an easy guide to help you understand how to eat healthy and track your personal eating habits.
- Delicious Decisions
- The low fat, heart healthy cookbook from the American Heart Association.
- National Agricultural Library
- Research many topics related to nutrition such as children's activities, osteoporosis and food label information.
- Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion
- Review the recommended Dietary Guidelines for Americans.