Most families receive CHIP coverage absolutely free. Others can get the same benefits at a low cost. If your income is below the lowest amount listed for your family size, your child or teen may be enrolled in Medical Assistance.
For most families, CHIP is free. A household whose income is above a certain level can receive CHIP at low or full cost.
Average program costs for a family of four (4)
|Coverage is Free||Coverage is Low Cost||Coverage is Full Cost|
If you make between $43,568 and $47,100
(If you make under this amount your child may be enrolled in Medical Assistance)
|If you make between $47,101 and $58,875||If you make $70,651 or more|
To qualify for enrollment in CHIP, your child must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- A child must be under the age of 19
- A child must be a resident of Pennsylvania
- A child must be a U.S. citizen, a lawfully admitted alien with permanent status, or a refugee as determined by U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Services
- A child must be uninsured and not eligible for or enrolled in Medical Assistance
* Note: Commonwealth of PA guidelines require weekly wages to be calculated at 48 payments and biweekly wages to be calculated at 24 payments.