The Green ZoneSM - Managing Asthma
A Capital BlueCross Healthy Lifestyle Management program for CHIP children and their parents.
Help to Manage Your Child’s Asthma
Your child’s health is in your hands. The pediatrician can give you advice and instructions, and you can always call the office for additional help, but you’re the one who must handle the day-to-day issues. It’s a big responsibility.
When your child has chronic breathing problems, these day-to-day issues can seem extra challenging. There are medications to take and nebulizer treatments to keep on schedule, and food or environmental sensitivities to consider.
Capital BlueCross is here to help you meet those challenges so your child can breathe easier, play harder, and sleep better.
Enroll in The Green ZoneSM and get the details on tips like these to help your child feel good, run and play, and take part in sports and other physical activities.
- Make an asthma action plan that you and his/her caregivers and school will follow
- Help your child learn about asthma and how to control it
- Quit smoking and do not allow others to smoke around your child
- Learn how to limit exposure to substances that bring on asthma attacks, like pollen, dust mites, cockroaches, or animal dander
- Learn ways to teach your child how to take asthma medications and to use a peak flow meter correctly
- Encourage your child to take part in physical activity
Green Zone - Go!
Yellow Zone - Caution!
Red Zone - Danger!
Could you and your child benefit from participating in the The Green ZoneSM?
Call us at 1.800.543.7101 to learn more.