Let's Quit Smoking—Together
It’s a new year. That means it's time for goal-setting, from getting healthy to saving money. It also means breaking old habits, which can feel twice as hard. The good news? We can help you with one bad habit that's bad for your health and your bank account: smoking.
Capital BlueCross is Here to Help
So what does this all mean for you? You don’t have to face quitting alone. We know it’s not easy, but with Capital BlueCross by your side, quitting is within reach. You got this!
Many plans from the Capital BlueCross family of companies include benefits to help you quit smoking,1 including 180-day or two 90-day covered treatment regimens of these tobacco-cessation products (all, including over-the-counter drugs, require a valid prescription for coverage):
- Bupropion hcl SR 150 mg 2
- Nicotine gum 2
- Nicotine lozenge 2
- Nicotine patch 2
- Nicotrol nasal spray and inhaler
- Tobacco-cessation counseling sessions (visit limits may apply)
Even More Help
On top of plan benefits, here are other things to add to your quitting plan. Ask your doctor how they can support you.
- Behavioral therapies (such as training in problem solving)
- Individual, group, or telephone counseling
- Apps you can use on a mobile phone or tablet
- Nicotine replacement products
- Over-the-counter (nicotine patch [which is also available by prescription], gum, lozenge)
- Prescription (nicotine patch, inhaler, nasal spray)
- Prescription non-nicotine medications: bupropion SR (Zyban®), varenicline tartrate (Chantix®)